VACostCutting

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back in the saddle again

I realize that we have been off the blogosphere for far too long, but the Special Session was preceded by the preparation for those fabulous two days of watching 27 bills be passed by the House to be declared as "doing nothing".

Following the Special Session, I had to attend the International Bottled Water Association convention in Las Vegas. Then back to Richmond for two days of legislative meetings or as the press calls them - days of doing nothing.

NOT that I am complaining, but honestly how can passing over two dozen bills be called doing nothing? Sure didn't feel like it. In fact, as a member on the House Transportation Committee I was thoroughly impressed with the House package. Naturally, I would have liked my congestion pricing legislation to move forward. There is always another day or session in January anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home