In case you missed it last month, Forbes rated Virginia as having the #1 overall business environment of any state in America. Despite this distinction, there remains room for improvement if the Commonwealth is to keep this designation.
Ranking is based on six categories:
- Cost of doing business, Virginia ranked 17th (10th in 2006)
- Labor pool, Virginia ranked 5th (4th in 2006)
- Regulatory environment, Virginia ranked 1st (1st in 2006)
- Economic climate, Virginia ranked 11th (8th in 2006)
- Growth prospects, Virginia ranked 8th (10th in 2006)
- Quality of life, Virginia ranked 6th (5th in 2006)
The complete rankings and the story are available here.
The 2006 rankings are available here. Virginia also ranked #1 in 2006.