VACostCutting

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Gas Prices - FILL UP IN STAUNTON!

Imagine my surprise when my wife came home and said that she just filled up the minivan at $1.71 a gallon! Woo hoo...

Then I saw where Staunton had some of the lowest gas prices in the country.

Then I saw the lines at the gas stations and the prices went back up. Go figure that demand would influence price.

Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

The Dept of Gen Services has been doing some good work in fleet management and they think they will save some serious cash. Rich Sliwoski sought me out and we had brief but meaningful meeting in the lobby of the Patrick Henry Building. At least they are trying, hopefully real results will be seen. At least they are trying...that's a good thing.

I will try to get him to email me that powerpoint he put together on it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home