VACostCutting

Friday, April 27, 2007

Unit Costs

While the CCC has been working on these Operational Review Teams trying to find ways to reduce costs within government, I had a question that I would like to throw out there for discussion.

Should the CCC support legislation or policies that will help bring down per unit cost of goods and services that the government uses? Your first reaction might be "DUH. Of course you should." However, this might take us into areas of economic and capital market interest.

For instance, in order to bring down the cost of energy to Virginia government, should we support legislation and groups that are trying to open up offshore resources or develop our energy infrastructure that would end up saving us a considerable amount of money(taxes)?

I think I know where I am personally on this, but I would like some input. Have at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home